Friday 8 May 2009

Arty Farty Jigsaw Swap
























I am in a jigsaw swap over on UKS. I have finished all nine of my pieces. As usual I am having second thoughts but thabkfuly only over one piece. I still ahve plenty of time so may make another one.

I did lots of research and read up as much as I could about the likes and dislikes of the others in my team. The pieces I had to make are as follows with all the information I sourced about them!!:

1. Terris Chocolat – Terri - AFRICAN MASKS ABSTRACT FUR PRINTS IN BLACK/WHITE/ORANGE AND CHOCOLATE

2. Kikimama23 – Chrissy – SPACE -I'd love some lumps and bumps. I'm happy to let everyone use their imagination for the space theme, it's astronomy I'm thinking of, so nebulae, comets, planets, surface of the moon, anything like that. I love bright colours, and clean lines, not too fond of grungy-ness.


3. PrincessFiona – Fiona - TIME FLIES –time clocks, wings, things that fly, dates etc. All in neutral/browns or neutrals with a touch of duck egg blue/teal

4. Andern06 – Nicola –FAIRYTALES -At the risk of dissing Uncle Walt it's not Disney-esque fairytales I'm thinking of. I'd prefer something more along the lines of Grimm's Fairy Tales which are slightly darker and more like folk tales. As far as colours go - I'd like a fairly subdued palette - creams, browns, dull rose pinks, sage greens, grey-blues. Have loaded one of my favourite pre-raphaelite paintings to our gallery to give you an idea of the traditional fairytales I'm thinking of. I'm fine with things being lumpy - could see flowers, lace, fabrics, etc. working well

5. Mel81pop – Philippa - THE SEA - blues and turquoises
I have seen some really stunning shrink plastic, fusible fibres and friendly plastic - the plastic things I don't like are the sort of cutsie things,if that makes any sense - so If I saw a packet of shell buttons in all sorts of colours I wouldn't like them, but if they were natural looking, I probably would!
"The sea! the sea! the open sea!The blue, the fresh, the ever free! The Sea. I ’m on the sea! I ’m on the sea!I am where I would ever be,With the blue above and the blue below,And silence wheresoe’er I go. The Sea. I never was on the dull, tame shore,But I loved the great sea more and more. The Sea."
My craft room is all blues and turquoisey/green and i want to mount it in a frame in there.

6. Aristoscrap – Chrissie - INDIAN/HINDU INSPIRED -
I have no preference with colours at all. Indian art is so colourful, and I want it for my DD as a present so she'll love it no matter what. I think each piece should have gold on it though!!!

7. Weaselwise – Suzie - MUSIC IN PURPLE - COLOURS USING PURPLE RIBBON TO BE PROVIDED BY SUZIE
I sadly lost a very close friend recently, he was a very talented rock guitarist and played in a couple of local bands, both classic rock and R&B. At his funeral everyone wore a piece of purple ribbon 'cos purple was his fave colour, and I thought it would be rather nice to have each piece of my jiggy sporting the same bit of ribbon in 9 different ways.
No Paisley

8. AliBlack – Alison -BIRDS (NO DISNEY)
Fave colours are purple, dark green, pink, black, copper, but I'm not too fussy with this swap as it's just good to see other people's work/interpretations of the theme The only thing I wouldn't be keen on is Disney, or very cutesy! There's a lot of info in my profile too.
I also like muted colours like teal/duck egg blue, not so keen on very bright colours like shocking pink I love really arty farty images too
you asked what sort of feel I'd like, haha, shall I rephrase that erm...I'd love a poetical feel, romantic, ethereal for my birdy pieces, also love vintage, and stamped images,

9. Dragonfly jane –Jane - FOREST TREES – I WANT MINE TO BE MORE BRITISH WOODLAND TYPE TREES, NOTHING EXOTIC LIKE PALM TREES OR DECORATED LIKE CHRISTMAS TREES.
I'm happy with any sort of lumpy and bumpy
my theme is Forest Trees I really don't have any colour prefrences, and any season of trees is find by me, but I'd like it to be british trees, the sort you'd find on a walk in our forests.

1 comment:

kikimama said...

Wow, love them all! Especially like the fairy tale one, and mine, thanks.